Kingston Branch Unit 107-108,Kingston, London KT3 3ST

Party Wall Surveying

Experienced Party Wall Surveyors In London

Party Wall Surveying – This is to protect your neighbours property in the event of your building work damaging their home. You will probably need one if you are adjoined or are building anything within 3 meters of your neighbours property. This also applies to detached properties. If you have an adjoining neighbor’s property in close vicinity to your development,  a Party Wall Agreement will be necessary.

Party Wall Surveying For Party Wall Agreement


What is a Party Wall Agreement?

Party Wall Agreement refers to the approval you need to get from your adjoining neighbours before beginning construction or a conversion or an extension (including significant renovation) in the UK. It is usually given in the form of a written agreement signed by both your neighbour and yourself in the presence of witnesses.

The Party Wall Act requires you to get an approval from your neighbour so that you can have a party wall notice or party wall agreement to work on or near the wall. There are specialist surveyors whose work is to provide formally binding agreements between two parties. If you are working with a reputable party wall surveyor, the process should go as smoothly as possible.

Why Do I Need a Party Wall Agreement?

The Party Wall etc Act 1996 provides a framework for preventing and resolving disputes in relation to party walls, boundary walls and excavations near neighbouring buildings. A building owner, proposing to start work covered by the Act must give adjoining owners notice of their intentions in the way set down in the Act. Adjoining owners can agree or disagree with what is proposed. Where they disagree, the Act provides a mechanism for resolving disputes. It is designed to protect both you and your neighbour from any damage or claims as a result of your building work. It also can be used by both parties to clarify any misunderstandings that may arise. A good surveyor will prepare a Party Wall Agreement and do survey for you of your neighbour’s property prior to build commencing. Taking photos for clarification. The neighbour can choose to also appoint your surveyor or have one of their own, which you will pay for.

When Do I Need a Party Wall Agreement?

  • Party Wall Agreement For Double Story Extension
  • Party Wall Agreement For Single Story Extension
  • Party Wall Agreement For Side and Rear Extension
  • Party Wall Agreement For Basement Extension

To discuss your requirements:

Contact Crystal Extension Architecture

Tel. 03333 44 0818



Kingston Office: Unit 107-108, Kingspark Business Centre,152-178, New Malden, London. KT3 3ST
0333 344 0818

Copyright; Crystal E A All Rights Reserved. Company number 9729165.

Have questions? Request Quote

Perspiciatis unde omnis iste natus sit voluptatem